Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ashley Costello -- Belgium

September 28, 2012
Host Rotary Club: Ocquier
Current Host Family:  Pierre Nicolai
Counselor Name: Christian Wery
Home Club:  Northern Lake George

Health and Home:
I am doing great! I am healthy. I am very comfortable with my host family. They are really nice. Immediately after my arrival in Belgium, my host family took me on a trip to Spain for five days. This trip definitely helped us get comfortable with one another before school started.

School:
I am attending school and going to class every day. I don't participate in any activities in school outside of class, however, I take a french course at the cultural center here every wednesday with another exchange student at my school. I definitely feel accepted by the other students in school and I've made many friends already.

Rotary:
I have attended several Rotary dinners and functions. My rotary club here organizes trips every other wednesday afternoon and they occasionally plan activities during the weekend for the exchange students. I see my Rotary counselor pretty much every day. He is a teacher at my school and he lives nearby so he occasionally drives me to and from school. I have received my allowance this month. My allowance is 65 euros. My relationship with both my host club and my counselor is fantastic.

Activities:
During our trip to Spain, my host family took me to see Salvador Dali's house and we visited a museum dedicated to him. We also visited a Monastery in Spain and a Roman Aquaduct in France. One of our Wednesday trips with Rotary was to a local coal mine. Very interesting :)

No concerns here! :) Thanks again!



No comments: