Thursday, September 27, 2012

David O'Connor -- France

September 27, 2012

I can't believe I've already been in France for a month! It's been an amazing experience. I've made a lot of progress in my French, and no longer have to ask people to slow down or repeat things (with the occasional exception). School's going well, I feel like I've made actual friends, and I still get random people who run up to me, say "Hello!" and run away. It's very tiring to think in French though, so by the end of most days I'm brain dead. The food's amazing and I've tried out every new thing I've been offered, which hasn't turned out bad yet. I spent my birthday in Heidelberg, Germany, which was absolutely incredible. I've been to a few Rotary functions and all the people have been very friendly and offered to take me out to do things - I'm going hunting this Saturday with someone from Rotary, and mountain biking on Sunday with a friend from school. All in all, it's going great!

David O'Connor
Home Club:  Albany Rotary 

No comments: