Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Keith Roscoe -- France


September 11, 2012

Hello All,

      Update: I am alive! The voyage here wasn't horrible. it was long, but it could have been worse I suppose.  

I have already done so many things with my host family. In an attempt to list them: gone sailing, gone to the beach house, been ice skating, bike riding along a canal commissioned by Napoleon, bike tour of town, and toured the local castle.  With Rotary I have already been to a few events, the most notable being my orientation at Le Pouliguen.  Le Pouliguen is the largest beach in Europe, and it was awesome.  There I had my first crepe in France! And, it was with a frenchman might I add.  I was taken there by a local, haha.  

School, oh school.  French school is very, very different.  After, numerous visits to the administration I believe I have finally settled all my classes. I feel like this level of school here is just like the AP version of everything back home.  That being said I am in the AP Economics French Version. Unfortunately, I decided to not take AP Econ...Anyway, I will just have to read teh textbook once I get it.

My host family has been super awesome!  They are always really helpful and fun.  So, that makes life easier.


Photos: ( in no particular order)
-One is me on my first day when we went climbing on the rocks on the coast
-Eating my first crepe with Hudson(Brazil) and Kirby (Arkansas)
-Le Pouliguen, well a part of it
-The castle
-Closing scene of a sketch we did at our orientation.





District 7190 Host Club:  Cobleskill, NY

No comments: