Saturday, October 31, 2015

Torri Herdegen -- Australia (Home Club: Delmar)

October 30, 2015

G'day,
It has been a fabulous month filled with great activities. I feel like everyday I push myself outside my comfort zone just a little more.
I was asked to be a year 10 leader at a year 7 school camp. I was supposed to be helping learning kids do something I was clueless about myself. It all worked out, though, and we all learned together. I made 15 new friends and we all had a jolly good time!
I gave a total of three speeches this passed month at school. One was to be sports captain and the other two were for my classes. Let's not forget my Drama Class where I had to not only write a script but also preform it by myself infront of the class. If that's not away of knocking down the barrier of your comfort zone then I don't know what is.
The Rotary has been training me up for an upcoming bike ride in February. My host dad took me out on a 20k ride this past week. After I caught my breath, could feel my legs again and my bum was no longer numb I'd say it was a great ride. Although,  note to self, do not tell a military bloke that your ok with going a little further or a little faster because he'll take you too the moon and back before you have time to realise what just happened. You will definitely feel it, though.
I do have to admit its crazy to say that I am already a fourth through my exchange. I am soon moving on to my second host family and I am not quite ready. I have 15 days to prepare myself for the sad and exciting day.
Regards,
Torri Herdegen

No comments: