Sunday, October 25, 2015

Maeve McKeeby -- Belgium (Home Club: Schenectady)


October 23, 2015

I have now been in Belgium for a little over two months and I have fallen even more in love with Belgium this past month. My French has improved so much, I am now able to understand most conversations and can speak basic sentences and conversations. School is becoming easier and my teachers are really great and always make sure I understand the lesson and are more than willing to help if I need it.
In the past month I have been able to explore more of Belgium and also the Netherlands. I went kayaking in the south of Belgium with all of the other Rotary Exchange Students that are in Belgium which was really fun. In this small country there are over 400 exchange students. Even though kayaking was cold I still had a lot of fun hanging out with all the other exchange students and sharing the different experiences we’ve all had this past month or so. In Belgium I have visited Coo, Namur, Mons, Tournai, and Brussels this past month. Brussels continues to be my favorite city in Belgium, there’s so much to do and see but Namur has become my second favorite city even though I have only been there once. Namur is a beautiful city with really cool architecture and lots of castles. The city looks very European I think and has a nice river that runs through it. I was also able to visit Amsterdam, Amersfoort, and Nijkerk in the Netherlands. All of these cities were absolutely beautiful but I really loved Amsterdam. The city was beautiful and I really loved all the canals throughout the city. Next weekend I will be travelling to London, and Paris which I am really looking forward to. It has been another great month in Belgium and I am looking forward to more great adventures! A bientot!

No comments: