Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Lauren Cuyvers, Belgium (Host: Albany Rotary)

September 2007

I don't remember that much of September, only that we went to the football game and Albany lost!! And we went to Vermont with my host family towards the end of September (Burlington), because my host Mum had a convention there. It was my birthday on September 7th, so we celebrated it: some friends came over and we had a Ben&Jerry's cake. The first day of school was okay... it was a lot of fun, not really felt the homesickness.

I was in good health in September, but at the moment my ankle is very bad and I am forced to take a break from Cross Country.

October 2007

SCHOOL ACTIVITIES: Cross-country meets, meets, meets.. + practice a lot!. Homecoming game + the dance!; party at Carli's, my friend's house; guitar lessons at New Music.

STATE OF MY HEALTH: bad ankle.

Halloween, I'll start with that. It's crazy out here! Everyone's really into it, even the grown-ups. We went trick or treating and afterwards me and my two host sisters traded the candy we didn't like. The homecoming dance was fun, and we went to a sweet sixteen birthday party afterwards. Two weeks after that I went to a Halloween party dressed up as a prisoner. It was a lot of fun. School is going okay, it's not hard, so my grades are fine.

No comments: