Saturday, January 23, 2016

Adam Boese -- Brazil (Home Club: Schenectady)

January 18, 2016

December has been a great month. At the beginning of the month I started to learn how to surf
which is amazing. It has a lot of the appeal of skating, but the moving ground makes it a lot more intense
and enjoyable for me. I also visit the beaches a lot with my friends, which is awesome as well.
December is also, strangely enough, filled with a ridiculous amount of birthdays. It felt like I had
a birthday party to attend at least every week, if not more. Not that I am complaining. Brazillian parties
are very enjoyable.

The end of the month was probably the best part of the month because of my very first warm
Christmas and new years. For Christmas, my first host family had me and a bunch of family over which
was very nice and a lot of fun. Fun is definitely a common theme in Brazil. New years was even more
amazing. Two of my host families got together with a few friends for a small party. Around 11:30 we
went down to the beach where it seemed like most of the city was. At midnight fireworks went off in
every direction, including right above, which was one of the most memorable moments yet. It was very
beautiful. After that me and a few friends went down town another beach where there were tons of
people dancing and celebrating until well into the morning. I didn’t go to sleep until 6:30.

It’s been a very good start to my summer break.

No comments: