Wednesday, November 7, 2012

David O'Connor -- France (Home Club: Albany)

November 6, 2012

Things are going great! October was a very busy month - I changed host families, travelled a bunch, and went to a couple concerts. The new host family is awesome and pretty much constantly doing cool things, so I'm having a lot of fun. I went with them to Bourgogne (Burgundy?) and Normandy for a few days, where I went to the D-Day beaches, a couple parties, and a music festival in Caen. I also got to go to Strasbourg with my district, which was amazing, and did a little tour of northern Alsace. I haven't been going to as many of my club's functions because my new host parents aren't Rotarians. Another reason I really like my new host family: they eat extremely healthily and are always active, so while I wasn't in poor health before, I'm surprised at how much better I feel physically. I'm having a really great time and I've got a bunch of plans for the next few weeks. Again, thank you so much for this opportunity!

No comments: