Thursday, November 8, 2012

Aubrey Racz -- Ecuador (Home club: So.Rensselaer)

November 8, 2012

Ecuador-Portoviejo 4400
1790
Medina
Pepe Lara
 
My health is still great. My home situation as well. It keeps getting better and better. (I don't want to change families). My relationshp is excellent. I still go to school everyday and do the classwork. The principal gave all the exchange students a project to do with a ten page paper and powerpoint that we have to present to her and other teachers about pretty much whatever topic we want. I will be talking about the September 11 terrorist attacks. I'm still going to the basketball course but the coach is in another city now so there isn't practice.
 
I just attended a Rotary meeting last night and my counselor brought me back to my house. Everything is great with the club. My relationship with my host club and counselar are both excellent.
 
All the exchange students in Ecuador had a trip to the province where I live. We went to come cities and participated in the parade in my city. Also, I went to the circus with my family but it was really hard to understand what was going on but I still had a good time.
 
I do have one issue. It has already been taken care of but you should know that I got robbed. It was the first night of the trip to my province and my room got robbed. We all thought the door was locked but it wasn't. We fell asleep around 2 am and at 3 am I woke up and rolled over to find our door open. I sat up to see what happened because I thought it was wierd and both my backpack and suitcase were gone. I got up and found my suitcase opened and rumaged through outside the door, the three zippers on the outside opened as well. One of my roommates bags was farther away outside, and my backpack was gone. I woke the other girls up and 2 of them were missing things too. We woke up some rotarians and they came to look around and they called the police. The police came and we told them what we were missing. The next night we searched through all the rooms with the police, but found nothing. It was only exchange students staying at the hotel but it was and outside hotel so it could have been anyone. The wierd thing is that the gaurd said he made a round at 2:30 and said he saw no one. The police are still investigating, but this happened the 10th of October so I don't really have much hope to get anything back. My counselor and host club know so they are trying to help but I feel like it's hopeless. Oh..in my backpack was my camera, i pod, 85 dollars, a pair of shorts, and under armor jacket, my diary that I had been writing in, and other little things of no real importance, but they also took my i pod charger from my suitcase and phone charger. A friend was nice enough to give me his camera that he didn't want (because it was pink), but I'm still missing everything else. 
 
The rest of the trip kind of stunk but when I got back to my house I was so happy to be home and everything got better after that! And now i rarely think about it/notice it so everything is just fine!

No comments: