Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fielding Padgett -- in France (Home Club: Salem)

October 16, 2012

My time in France has been great so far. I live in a small village about 45 minutes from Paris, which is very convenient for visiting Paris on the weekends. My relationship with my host family is great. I've been learning French more quickly due to the fact that they don't speak a word of English.  School has been very fun here, everyone is friendly and usually interested in me because I'm American. The rotary dinners have been great as well. My French is coming along well and I'm understanding more everyday. However, some classes are a little difficult because of how quickly the teachers speak, which is why I'm writing this report from my Spanish class. I'm on a soccer team here which has been a great experience so far. We won our first game 3-0, and I actually  had two of the goals. That definitely made me more popular with my teammates. To give a brief summary of the interesting things I've done since I've been here, I went to the top of the Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, a demolition derby, an island in western France for vacation, Disneyland, a soccer game in Paris, an Earth, Wind and Fire concert, and most recently, the beaches of Normandy and mont saint-michel with my rotary club.

No comments: