Saturday, December 8, 2012

Keith Roscoe -- France (Home Club: Cobleskill)

 November 28, 2012

Hello Everyone!!

     I can't believe that it has been 3 months already! I must start every monthly report by saying something like that, but I am just so shocked everytime.  In these three months I have done so much. Quite literally, I have started a new life here.  I feel very comfortable with my family, school, and just life in general.  

     Since I last wrote I have done so many things.  I hang out with other students fairly frequently, that is always fun.  But, concrete things I have done. Let's see:
-Day of Crepes with my Host Grandma (who knitted me a scarf, an awesome hat, and now mittens are in the works!) and on the way home we hit a wild pig with the car! Who would have guessed that wild pigs were native in France!! The thing survived too!! Long story in detail, you will have to ask my some time.
-I went and saw Saint Malo, a very beautiful landmark up north.  An old fortified village and well known port.
-Jour de la Toussaint: super big deal of like remembering all the dead. Very pretty in the cemetary. Sort of awkward going to grandad's tomb with family, but they didn't get super emotional so it went well.
-I think a got a speaking role in my theater club!  But, it's not 100 percent sure yet so I'll let you all know.
-I cooked Thanksgiving for my family and didn't screw it up! I had plenty of advice from my host mom in terms of the turkey, but besides that it was me!

    I am starting to note that I have problems with my english. It is horrible. Within the process of writing this email, I have attempted to write about 3 french words.  The other day skypeing with my mother,  I threw in french words.  It is taking over!  

   All in all, everything is going super well! There is so much to share that I just can't do it in an email. Check back later for the novel version, haha.
 
 

No comments: