Monday, February 2, 2009

Danielle Willsey -- Italy

Friday, January 30, 2009

I would like to start off by saying that I am sorry for not sending my monthly letter, as i have no good excuse why I haven't. Its hard to say now everything that I have been doing, but I am alive and am constantly being stuffed with pasta from my host mother. I am having a great time although everything is very different than what I am used to, and am fairly accustomed to everything now. Italian was a struggle for me in the beginning but now I feel fairly comfortable, and I am able to make friends a lot easier. I am also very fortunate to have such a wonderful host family as they are always making sure that I am comfortable and am having a good time, and love to bring me to all of the churches built in Italy. So far they have taken me to Rome, Milan, Venice, along with other major cities in Italy, and we will be going to Florence in the Spring.

School was very hard for me in the beginning but now it isn't as bad and i get along well with the kids in my class. School is only until 12 or 1 in the afternoon so i get to go home for lunch, but we have to get up on Saturdays to go to school as well. It is also different because the teachers move around from class to class instead of the students, and each class is an hour long. Sometimes its a bit hard to stay awake, but so far I have been alright.

I know that this is a very vague outline about what has been happening but I also think I have hit all the main points anyway, and wish for more information I will send it...

No comments: