Thursday, March 6, 2008

Karissa Seeberger -- Argentina

Monday, March 03, 2008

Señor Dwyer y Rotary:

I´m not sure exactly when was the last time I sent an email, so I suppose it´s better to send too many as opposed to too few. As of now, i recently returned from a trip to Uruguay and Buenos Aires. Two Argentine members of Rotary accompanied myself and 2 other american girls with 2 germans on a day trip to cross the border in order to renew our visas. As much as I am enjoying Argentina, I have to say, it is very much so a hassle to leave the country every three months so that i can stay for another 3. The trip to Uruguay was pleasant. We traveled on a very nice ferry in order to cross one of the widest rivers in the world that segregates argentina from uruguay. We arrived and went to a small historical city called Colonia. Later that evening we returned to Buenos Aires and I stayed there for the weekend with a classmate of mine who is currently studying at the university there.

as of now, i will be starting journalism at the local universities in a week. I recently discovered that it is one of the best universities in all of south america, so i am greatly looking forward to that. I´ve been continuing with my classed for tango and feel as though i have learned very much in the six month time span in which i have been practicing. We should be having a recital soon! so i have chosen a return date after talking it over with my host parents and my real parents. I will be returning on the 21st of June, and will arrive in Albany on the 22nd of June...all is very well here in San Luis, and it will only be better once i am busy studying again!
Okay, thank you for you support!
hope all is well in New York!
un abrazo
Karissa Seeberger, San Luis, Argentina

No comments: