Friday, October 13, 2017

Siddhant Chaturvedi -- Hungary (Home Club: Shenendehowa)



October 12, 2017

Host Rotary: Club Rotary Club of Szeged, Tisza

Sponsor Rotary Club:Shenendehowa Rotary Club

Current Host Family:Gabriella and Luigi Szegi


I feel really happy and excited that I’m here in Hungary and I’m enjoying it thus far.
Since I’ve arrived in Hungary i’ve only gotten sick once and that was because our language camp was quite rainy and I didn’t pack proper clothing which resulted in me not being exactly the warmest and dryest. Since I’ve gotten in my host home it took me a little bit to acclimate to the differences but once I did it’s never felt better. My host family is honestly the nicest family and people I’ve ever met they care for me as if I’m their own son (which for the next couple months I am) and I feel right at home. School for me started on the first of September and it’s been quite good so far. The classes aren’t that hard and my classmates are great. I’ve made a bunch of friends here and everyone is very nice to me and I’m being taught Hungarian by almost all my friends which will help me learn the language a little faster. I don’t really have any activities outside of school that I participate in but I do hang out with my classmates and I did go to a festival the first couple of days in Hungary.Thus far I’ve attended every Rotary meeting possible and I’ve even made some friends in my Rotary club. We all go out for dinner every night after our Rotary meetings and we talk about things since one of them is a Lawyer and ones a photographer and another is a professor. I even met the past district governor of District 6990(I think) from florida since he's a traveling professor and gives lectures on law. I’ve been to the other kid’s host family's house who lives in my town and they are Rotarians but I’ve never stayed the night only just hung out there. I receive from my Rotary Club 15,000 forint each month which averages around $60-70 here and it’s way more than enough for me. My Host Club is amazing and it’s great hearing what they have to say and trying to understand bits and pieces of what they say as their meetings are conducted in Hungarian. When I got here I got to go to a festival and I experienced that but otherwise I haven’t done anything truly extraordinary. I did go to Vienna Austria though which was insanely cool and it still feels unreal. Other than that nothing really bad or super interesting has happened to me.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7q0PxnDiY&authuser=0



No comments: