Thursday, October 26, 2017

Jane Lebowitz -- Estonia (Home club: Turning Point)

October 26, 2017


Sponsor Club: Turning Point 7190
Host Club: Tartu Estonia 1420
Current Host Family: Mait and Epp Klaassen

Health: No problems

Family: Everything is great family wise, we all get along, there haven't been any conflicts.

School: Yes, I am attending school. I don't enjoy it still, but as the Estonians say. "On nagu on" (it is what it is) I think the 3 year age difference between myself and some of my classmates makes it a bit hard to connect with people, my host father and I talked about signing up for a university class, just to meet some people closer to my age, whom I may have more things in common with. 

Rotary: I recently attended our 1420 district conference in Helsinki last weekend, and have been going to my Rotary club's monthly lunch time meetings. My allowance is still 100 Euros. I last saw my councilor at one of these meetings, less than a month ago. 

Activities: The weather in Estonia has been really beautiful lately, so I've been doing a lot of outside activities. My favorite places in Tartu include the astronomy observatory and the planetarium, so there's never a dull moment. My host family and I also recently went to the movies, and saw a film in Estonian, which was very interesting.

No comments: