Saturday, November 16, 2013

Shilo Christiansen -- Japan (Home Club: Cobleskill)

November 7, 2013

Late again, time really flies! I didn't even know it was November until yesterday! How is everyone doing?

11/07/2013
Host Rotary Club: 7190
Sponsor Rotary Club: 2560
Current Host Family: Minami
Counselor Name: Nishiyama-san
 

I really don’t know how a month passes so fast. It has been another month of being in Japan, and once again it was a really great month. I feel my language skills improving so much, it’s incredible. I think completely in Japanese unless I hear English, but I don’t think English once while speaking Japanese. It really is an amazing feeling. 
                       School is going very well. I’m just a little sad because next month I get a new classroom. In Japan, after everyone takes their college entrance exams, they don’t have to come to school. So I will be getting a new class. That is a great opportunity to meet new people and make more friends, but I am a little sad to not be in my current class.
            I really love my rotary club...a few of them really take the extra step to make me feel like home. I went with my counselor and another exchange student and met his whole family. It was really nostalgic. There were little kids and I felt like I was apart of their family instantly. Nishiyama-san, my counselor, really is the best counselor I could ever wish for.
            Next weekend, we are going on our three-day excursion to Hiroshima. It should be great! Lots of really beautiful places are on our itinerary, and I am very excited to go! It has been another amazing month in Japan.

No comments: