Monday, October 14, 2013

Anthony Van Dyke -- Ecuador (Home Club: Salem)

October 9, 2013

Hello from Ecuador!  My first month here has been quite an experience. I've gotten to know my host family a lot better, learn how they live their everyday lives and managed to learn a good amount of Spanish.  I've attended school for several weeks but just returned from a language camp on a resort on the beach in Monpiche. My Spanish is coming along but very slowly. Luckily some of my friends at my school know a little English to help me get by in class and to teach me spanish. I also just joined a track team last week to practice pole vaulting again and to stay in shape. I'm having a lot of fun here and I will be going on a trip next week to a different beach. I really enjoy the city and being able to walk or take a taxi everywhere. So far it's been quite the adventure and I can't wait for what the next months ahead have in store for me.

No comments: