Monday, October 14, 2013

Shilo Christiansen -- Japan (Home club: Cobleskill)

October 11, 2013
Host Rotary Club: 7190
Sponsor Rotary Club: 2560
Current Host Family: Minami
Counselor Name: Nishiyama-san


I’m doing really well these days. I’m very healthy and loving life at school and with my friends....
            School is amazing! Of course it’s boring like school in any country is. I’m so lucky to have such great friends that make school interesting for me. Most times during classes, I study my languages, read, or do nothing. I joined Japanese tea ceremony club, which is a perfect club for me. I sit in a room, drink tea, eat some snacks, and chat with my friends. I feel so accepted by my classmates. My class is like one big family.
            I went to a Rotex picnic in Kyoto a couple weekends ago. It was really nice, and the Rotex members were all so nice. I last met Nishiyama-san at the monthly rotary meeting. He’s taking me to a tea ceremony at a temple soon, I’m really excited! I did receive my allowance, it was roughly 90 dollars, because of my cellphone bill.  My relationship with my host club is excellent, and with my counselor excellent.
            I haven’t done anything super exciting recently. I’m just really content with spending a lot of time with my friends, and learning Japanese. It has become a lot harder as I have advanced. I think a lot of times the older people around me expect a lot more out of me than the rest of the exchange students in my group. That’s a bit of a burden. All in all, I’m really happy with my time here so far. 

No comments: