Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lauren Bardin -- z Ceské Republice

May 29, 2008

Ahoj, So, here I am with less than 4 weeks in this country and I'm not so sure I'm ready to say goodbye and leave. Another boy in my town here is leaving in less than 2 weeks, which I can't imagine, but it'll be here all too soon.

May here has seemed very similar to May at home, when kids are getting antsy in school and the weather is getting warmer and people are outside wearing t-shirts and sandals. It's been beautiful here and the fields are FULL of bright yellow blossoms, it's amazing! We have corn fields everywhere at home, but here it is all bright, beautiful yellow, (used for oil).

We've had a few Rotary functions this month, one of which was a benefit concert. We had to dress in our lovely Rotary jackets with the pins and present some flowers to people on stage. It was pretty amusing (mostly for people in the audience) because not even the people in charge knew exactly when or to whom we were supposed to present them. Afterwards, we were invited to a little gathering and I got to meet some Rotarians from Germany and the Netherlands, so that made it exciting.

Last weekend, we had the Rotary District Conference in Prague. We got to meet the Slovakian exchange students and we presented and sang some songs for the Rotarians then had a big fancy lunch with everyone. It was the last time I saw a lot of my exchange friends and it was really difficult to say goodbye. It made me realize that the end is nearing and it officially hit me that this year is over and I have more, harder goodbyes to do soon.

The next two weekends there are some exciting things planned in Trebic, like a rock festival. It's supposively very notorious and there will even be an American band there. I'm excited to hear some live music and do something outside because the weather is finally nice enough.

There are so many things I realize I need to accomplish before I leave here and I just hope I can do it all. It's going to be a miracle to fit all my things in my two suitcases and bring them back to the States. I know the sun is finally coming out in NY as well, so enjoy it! I will be returning on june 24 and seeing you all soon! Take care!

No comments: