Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kristen Kilpeck -- Mexico

May 20, 2008

Hi Everyone from Rotary!

Ive been super busy this past month with our Gran Viaje, or big trip, around all of southern Mexico. I had the best time of my life living and traveling with all of the other exchange students and getting to know all of southern Mexico. I came back to Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca (where I live) the 11th and then headed out the 15th to Puebla to stay with my older sister, and then to Mexico City to pick up my other sister who spent a year in Belgium from the airport. In Puebla my family and I went to AfricaM Safari (who knows why its spelled with an m), we went shopping, to the movie theatre, to the Puebla Fair, and we went out to an italian restaurant to celebrate my birthday,which was in January, because I never got a chance to celebrate it with this family. I just got back to Puerto Escondido last night, and this morning I went to my school with my host sister who stayed in Belgium to visit all of our friends that we havent seen in a while. This Friday is Students Day in Mexico and we only have a few hours of class and then a music competition. Im planning on doing my presentation on NY this Friday as well, and then Saturday Ill be heading out with my first host mother to Mexico City to catch my flight back to New York the 28th of May.


Everythings going very well, we actually are discussing the Welcome Back party for my sister today and my presentation for Friday as I type so I have to get going. But I just wanted to keep everyone in touch, I hope everythings going well up in New York, and Ill see you all within a week!!

TAKE CARE!!!

Kristen

No comments: