Monday, February 4, 2008

Karissa Seeberger -- Argentina

Monday, February 04, 2008

So, i apologize for not writing in such a long time...I was without your email address, but from here on out, you will receive a monthly email from me.

It has been 5 months for me, here in Argentina. I am currently on summer vacation, which means there are alot of poolside days in the sun. I went to the beaches in the province of Buenos Aires with my host family for two weeks on vacation. It was really beautiful and we only had one day that wasn´t beach-worthy. So now I´m back in San Luis and I am taking tango classes every day, hoping to compete in an upcoming competition. I recently inscribed myself into the national university here of human sciences and will not be returning to the high school, but instead will be studying journalism for my remaining four months, i start in March. They obviously can´t give me a diploma, because i wont be finishing out the academic year, but they can give me an official paper that says i participated in 4 months of the career. This Wednesday, I will be traveling to a city just outside of Cordoba to visit another exchange student from Pennsylvania for just short of a week to celebrate Carnaval. When i return I hope to start painting classes at the culture center in my city, to occupy my spare time.

I am still with the same family from when i arrived and believe I will be staying with them until the end of my exchange, which i have received a return date, June 21. They have truly taken me in as a daughter and I am very comfortable with them.
In the next few weeks I will be traveling to Buenos Aires with my host parents to see Boca and a tango show and just get to see the city a little more.

Well, I hope the other exchange students are as fortunate as i have been and are really having mind-opening experiences and an all around beneficial exhcange...good luck! besos de Argentina

No comments: