Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tori Herdegen -- Australia (Home Club: Delmar)

April 30, 2016

I thought I was a busy exchange student... then I got to April...!
My calander is filled with blue ink and exclamation marks!
Some of those marks have been for traveling to many beautiful national parks. This consisted of ducking under stalactites in the Caves, dodging branches and the giant leaves of the rainforest and climbing over rocks down to a waterfall.
I got invited to go on a camping trip with a family I have been babysitting for. We went to Wilsons Prometry! It is such a beautiful place!! Wombats casually walk around your campsite like their no big deal, we saw a baby tiger snake, some emu's and beautiful Aussie birds!
Oh I also moved host families! I am on my last one, I can't believe it!! But this family, the Nicholls, are an absolute amazing family!!! I feel so included and loved even though I have only been with them 2 weeks. I already feel part of the family. They have 3 kids. A girl 17, who just got back from her own exchange, another girl 15 and a boy who is almost 12 (we have the same birthday). They love to party!! Well mainly dance but the usually means party! They are so generous and loving!! I am so happy to bee with them!!!!
I also spent half the month stressing about preforming my theatre studies play, The Laramie Project. After many rehearsals and a bit of... well... Drama, we did manage to put on two very successful productions.
Last night was my Debutant ball (Deb). We had 8 or more rehurasals since February preparing for this night. All the girls wear white dresses. The girls do a dance, then the boys do a dance, then boys and girls do 3 dances together. This was so much fun! After our dances we had a parents dance. Obviously my dad is not here so for this dance I asked my host sisters boyfriend Matt to dance with me. It was funny because we kept dancing the waltz in the wrong direction,haha.
Anyway after our planned dances we stayed up till midnight partying with the DJ.
One of the Best compliments I have had on my exchange was tonight!! My head of year was talking to my current host mum. She said that if I were to be staying in Australia for year 12, I would be on her list to be School captain!!!!!!! (Every year the principle, vice principles, teachers, and the head of year choose 2 students, a boy and a girl, to be captains of the whole school and take on numerous responsibilities) I felt this was such a complement that she would think so much of me to nominate me for a position like that!
Tonight was yet again another dance party, this one was a maskarade in honour of Shakespeare. Again I just got off the dance floor an hour ago and am awaiting my ride to the airport to go on my big Australian Tour!!
Tell y'all about it next month!!

Thank you all so much for your support!!

Talk to you later,
Torri :P

Pic1:  its a bit blurry but its me and my theatre studies class right before our last performance


Pic2:  right after our footy team, Collingwood, dominated! My host mum is taking the photo because she goes for the team that just lost so she doesn't get to be in the winners pic
Pic3:  At my deb.

No comments: