Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Torri Herdegen -- Australia (Home Club: Delmar)

 May 31, 2016

I love Australia!! And I love being an exchange student! I can't believe I am already writing to y'all again! This month went by so fast! Too fast!


This month was my big Aussie Tour! Australia!! Oh my gosh! Australia is so so beautiful! From the red red sand of the desert to the blue blue water of the waterfalls and the ocean!

It would take ages to talk about my whole experience and all the amazing things we got to see. Plus there are not enough words to describe how awesome it was!! At the moment I am going through a post Aussie tour depression. There were 33 exchange students and 4 districts that went on this tour and we all became one huge family! We are all constantly snapchatting, talking on messenger, and or skyping each other. They were such an awesome group of people and I really do miss being with them!

To give you just a brief overview of the trip we went on I will tell you some of the highlights. We first flew to Adalaide then from there we drove to a very famous and beautiful rock called the Uluru. Haha, yes I said rock but it's huge and so popular because it is literally just a random, huge rock in the middle of the flat desert! Literally nowhere! What was so lucky is that it is a rare sight, as in it only happens once or twice a year, but it rained hard enough for the waterfalls to come down the Uluru. A sight so beautiful and so, like I said, rare. We were pretty lucky. We then traveled to Cains where we slide down waterfalls and went snorkeling/diving in the Great Barrier Reef! Moving down the coast we stopped in Arlie Beach, such a gorgeous place! Here we went snorkeling again and visited white heaven beach. The sand is so white it almost looks like snow and you could get burned in a record of 6 min if sunscreen is not applied generously. We passed through the Gold Coast and Byron Bay landing ourselves in Sydney!

Everything I saw was just amazing and the people I was with were even more amazing! I want to go back!!
This week consists of exams for school. Its so sad to face the fact that I have to start saying some goodbyes now.

It's been such a fantastic month, not to mention I am also 17 now!
I can't thank Rotary enough for everything!!!!!!
Thanks heaps,
Torri

Pic 1- my safari family infront of the Uluru


 Pic2: A beautiful waterfall!


 Pic3: The great barrier reef



No comments: