Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eliza Chappell -- Spain

December 13, 2009

HOST CLUB:
ROTARY CLUB MADRID-SERRANO

I attended the Rotary sponsored dinner for "Día de la Acción de Gracias" (Thanksgiving).

I have been attending school daily at IES Isabel La Catolica in Madrid and have completed all assignments, projects, and tests.


There is not much new to say, as I continue with my routine and my life here. I've been trying to take advantage of the cultural offerings in Madrid, so I've recently gone to the nearby city of Segovia (BEAUTIFUL) with another rotary exchange student friend, and I've also been checking out the many museums in Madrid with my spanish friends. Everything is going well with my friends- I have a nice close group as well as many other friends (it's easy to make friends when you're the "famous" American in school with the crazy glasses), and also with the family. We are now starting to try to arrange my USA family's visit to Spain. I must say, I haven't really gotten homesick... of course I'll have my moments, but overall I'm loving every minute of my exchange.
:)
-Eliza Chappell

No comments: