Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lucy Holecek -- Belgium (Home club: Albany)

February 27, 2014

And yet another month has passed.  The time is going by so fast and I know now it's just going to go faster.  Tomorrow will be the day I have only exactly fourth months to go, but I will live it to the fullest.  I love it here in Belgium, it may have been hard, but in the end it was all worth it.  It doesn't stop being hard till it's over, but it does get easier as time goes on.  Since the last time I wrote a report my French was good, but it keeps improving and it makes me so happy.  I can understand jokes and even make them with my school friends.  Sometimes I even catch myself thinking in French.  I have become to adore learning a new language to the point I may even go to school to learn more.  My school friends are lovely I rarely feel alone when I am with them and they always include me in the conversation.  In the next few months I am going on many trips, but the one I am most excited for is the one with my school.  I am so excited to get to be with my school friends for a week and be with no one who can speak english.  I mean yeah English is my first language, but I want to be able to take in as much French as possible. 

 I hope everyone is having a great experience in their host countries as well. 
 
Best of wishes to every one!

No comments: