Saturday, December 7, 2013

Anthony Vandyke -- Ecuador (Home Club: Salem)

December 4, 2013

So now I am a good way into my year long adventure in ecuador, I have made many more friends and have kept myself fairly busy here. School is rather boring but it has its fun moments. My friends invite me to go with them on the weekends which is a good break from the normal weekday routine. My Spanish is getting slightly better as the months pass but it is still quite difficult for me to speak more so then than the other exchange students, but I understand a lot more then before and can have simple conversations with my friends and host family. Recently I've been going out with the other exchange students and getting to know them and their cultures better.
I just recently came back from an amazing trip to the Amazon jungle in a resort called yasuni. It was a 2 hour boat ride from the airport into the jungle. It was very hot and humid but the scenery and wildlife was amazing, monkeys, lizards and many kinds of insects were everywhere. It was one of my favorite trips so far with rotary. It was kind of a short trip but very enjoyable and memorable.
So I think that's about it. I really am enjoying myself here and look forward to what more ecuador has to offer me in the the mother to come. I'm also hopeful that my Spanish will improve with practice. AdiĆ³s for now

No comments: