Monday, January 14, 2013

Kirsten Beth Lomnitzer -- Brazil (Home club: North Creek)

Sponsoring Club: North Creek Rotary Club District 7190
Host Club: Sao Luis, Sao Fransisco Rotary Club District 4490

Hello again! I'm now about halfway thru my exchange year and while I might not be fluent, I can say that I can communicate very efficiently in Portuguese. I am currently staying  in the district governor's house while I wait to go to my next host family. From what I understand they are currently on vacation. I will miss my old host family but I am told that my new family has a pool! Eu adoro nadar! I love to swim.

Yesterday, I went to a Rotary meeting and I meet with the other kids in the area. There were seven of us, two exchange students (including me), two hopefuls, one Rebound and two kids that got dragged there by their parents. We all talked in Portuguese about where we are from and what we like to do, things like that. I ended up with the unofficial biggest laugh award because of a story that I told about a spider that was bigger than my hand that I found in my bathroom and proceeded to freak out. All in all, I am having a wonderful time and I can't wait to meet my new host parents.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Beth Lomnitzer

No comments: