Monday, November 19, 2007

Ashley Carey -- Finland / Amsterdam Rotary


Please excuse my declining English... you were right about that happening.I was having some trouble making friends in school and getting acquainted with the culture, but things are definitely looking up. In Finland, beginning in November, the sun starts to set earlier and earlier. It sets at about 3 pm now, and I think it's going to continue to set earlier. I visited Rovaniemi in Lapland in mid- October and stayed with another exchange student's host family. That was an incredible learning experience. I learned a new Finnish dialect, got to see a different kind of school, gave a presentation about the United States in a middle school, made tons of new friends, and I even met Santa Claus! (Or Joulupukki, as he's called here.)


No comments: