Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ariel Dunster -- Brazil

September 14, 2009

NAME/ADDRESS OF HOST FAMILY:
Adolfo and Solange Perez
Avenida Pinheiro Machado 678/95
bairro Marape, Santos, São Paulo
Brazil 11075- 002 .
.

WHAT WAS YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ROTARY FUNCTIONS DURING THE PAST MONTH? .
*Attended 3 meetings
*District orientation meeting for all exchange students in district 4420 (Santos, ABCD, São Paulo)


WHAT WAS YOUR PARTICIPATION IN SCHOOL/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES DURING THE MONTH?
*Attended class regularly; completed work and tests in several subjects; stayed after school to complete labs
*Attended a PE class afterschool once a week
*I play soccer with classmates afterschool on Fridays .

WHAT IS THE STATE OF YOUR HEALTH? .
*Good; taking extra precautions because 5 students in my school were diagnosed with Swine Flu

I gained 3 pounds in my first month, but I just joined a gym 2 weeks ago that I go to 4 times a week. I have made several friends, and they are all very nice, patient, and accepting of me. I am learning new sports, such as handball and surfing. I´m enjoying trying new foods, and I´ve begun a Brazilian recipe book.

No comments: