Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Whitney Brown -- Belgium

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hi Everyone!

I have been really busy since my last email. Belgium finalllllly has nice weather! Its finally warm and a lot less rain! Ive been busy going on day city trips around Belgium with other exchange students and concerts with my Belgian friends. lots of time spent outside, enjoying the sunny weather!

In the beginning of May I went to France with my host family for 4 days. They have a beautiful house in the countryside near Dijon. It was a quiet long weekend in the sun! It was so beautiful there... fields and fields of yellow flowers. We also went to visit an Abbey from the 1100s, so that was really exciting to see!

I also gave a presentation to the rotary about my year in Belgium. They had an American themed night which made it a lot of fun. Everyone wore american attire (jeans and sneakers), we had a big american BBQ with ribs and chicken wings and cole slaws, and they even arranged a line dancing lesson! haha it was a fun time. My presentation was a big hit! everyone loved it. I spoke for 45 minutes, entirely in dutch!! I was quite proud of myself and everyone was amazed at how quickly i learned the language! So that was an exciting moment!

Last week I went to sunny spain with my step mom, sisters, aunt, and grandma. And it was an amazing trip!! We stayed right on the southern coast near Malaga. It was soooo beautiful! We visit the impressive Picasso Museum, went to a spanish market, visited Granada and the Alambra, and had lots of delicious spanish foods and sangria! We had a great time soaking in the sun on the beach and catching up together. It was great! :-)

Tomorrow is my last day of school because then the final exams begin for the rest of the students. So I am free for the rest of June and will be spending a lot of time enjoying my last few weeks in Belgium with the other exchange students who are also finished with school. Only 23 more days and I am home sweet home! I hope all is well and see you all soon!!

Love,Whitney

No comments: